Old July 27th 05, 10:18 PM
John Smith

commander:

I am not asking what you think "usenet convention" is, I am saying it is more
than ok to uuencode binary and post it...

Show me an official document by a legal representative of usenet or go away...

John

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:
Lloyd:

What are you claiming as evidence for this claim, in your own words, "you
are not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups..." ????

John

It is against Usenet convention to post binary files to non-binary groups.
That is why binary groups were invented. Binary files are usually very large
should not be posted to regular news groups as these groups are archived
forever. The binary groups are purged ever so often, so it isn't prudent to
archive large binary files in regular newsgroups.