Old July 28th 05, 01:08 AM
John Smith

Robert:

Do you see a pattern here, they can't do it (from lack of knowledge and
unwillingness to learn a new method), so they just attempt to stop everyone
else--now there is the real "state of amateur radio today!"

John

"John Smith" wrote in message
Robert:

I am aware that it would be "tacky" to start hundreds of binaries flowing in
the group here.

However, a uuencoded/decoded binary of pics of an op, shack, equip, antenna,
object or place of interest, etc only enhances the newsgroup experience...

But don't even get the idea these old farts are fooling me, they couldn't
uuencode a binary and post it if their lives depended on it... and even if
the pic was a hot mama in a thong--they'd die before uudecoding/seeing the
pic! grin

John

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...
John Smith wrote:

Lloyd:

What are you claiming as evidence for this claim, in your own words, "you
are not supposed to be posting binary files in regular news groups..." ????

Similar to informal band plans, by gentlemen's agreements
no binary file posting on non binary file newsgroups.
"Binary" newsgroups are usually marked "alt.binaries.whatever"