Old March 12th 04, 06:43 PM
William Warren

".Bill M" wrote in message
Ray Collins wrote:
20 meters. Is it just like AM tower arrays, ground radials as long as
the tower is high at every degree of the compass?

If it were me I'd hang 3 separate dipoles, inverted vees or quarter-wave
slopers off of the tower. The tower shunt feed scheme works fairly well
on 40/80 but I've never had much luck at 20 and above.

What ground system do you use? I've heard various reports about how many
radials are needed, and where/if they must/should be connected at places
other than the center: the only "hard" documentation is on AM broadcast
antennas, and I don't have the budget to buy space next to a salt marsh ...

Bill