Old July 28th 05, 12:36 PM
Kim

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dave Heil wrote:

If you dispense with spelling, capitalization and punctuation, why

post at all?

Here's a theory, Dave: It's done to antagonize the reader. As a
way for the writer to insult the reader, by saying the reader
is unworthy of the effort required to write understandably.

Who wants to read the ramblings of an illiterate?

The point is that you and others bother to read the gibberish
and comment on it at length.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Uh, yep. Dave writes the questions "who wants to read..." and yet, it's
apparent he's done so--at length--and responded to it as well. Although,
I've never seen Dave participate in any kind of post other than to be
contentious or attempt to flare some kind of superior attitude. Maybe I've
not taken notice, but I don't remember ever seeing a post from Dave that is
remotely technical in nature, or that isn't a cheap route to taking pot
shots at those he has issues with.

That's OK, though, maybe the newsgroup is sport for him... I like the
contention myself. I'd much rather debate with some spunk, but arguing and
slinging mud suits me well when I'm in the mood...

Kim W5TIT