Old July 28th 05, 12:22 PM
Mr. Backwards

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:15:43 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

iangb:

Geesh, just when I think you are some religiously-devout-whacko-ham you state
obvious unarguable truth...

I am silent for the shock of it all...

John

"I AmnotGeorgeBush" wrote in message

For what it is worth, I started in ham radio (1962), had a ball with cb
radio (1970/71) and am still active in ham radio ....
What is silly is to throw darts at each other. There are good and bad in
both groups. To think otherwise is a rather bit shortsighted.
73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
_
Which brings us to the fact that many good hammies cb on regular basis.

I grew up on the CB band in the 1970s. I may have my ham license, but
27 MHz still feels like home.
Unfortunately the quality of the people on the CB band has degraded
considerably on the CB band since the 1970s. In the 1970s I almost
never heard profanity on the CB band, but now it is a difficult to
make it around the 40 channels even once without hearing the F word or
one CB'er calling someone else a faggot.