Old July 28th 05, 05:21 PM

Well, for your sake I hope it's a winner. I agree that it's too large
to carry around very often. I also wonder if the build quality would
tolerate such wear and tear. It's a relatively large receiver and its
case appears to be plastic. While plastic is usually just fine, when
its used to construct larger radios it can bend, creak and produce a
'cheap' feel and appearance...this was one minor gripe I had about the
Sat 800--though fortunately the E1 will be nowhere near the size of the
800.

I guess they can't all be built like the HF-150....sigh.

Steve