Old July 28th 05, 10:27 PM
Ham op

Caveat Lector wrote:

Just out of curousity -- what modern Ham gear uses a Colpitts oscillator or
a swinging choke ??

Then why ask these questions on a 2005 Ham test ??

Maybe ask about a VCO or a crowbar circuit ??

You miss the point! Totally missed the point!!

In the 'olden days', the exams were not multiple guess questions; and,
they were answered in front of an FCC Engineer. In the olden days one
had to commit to some real effort to get a license. In human nature we
VALUE that which we work for or invest for.

The crime in ham radio today is the 5 hour Saturday morning cram session
followed by a VE session; followed by a license; followed by loss of
interest in a year or so.

I live in a small town with 14 licensed 'hams' with only one active [me]
and only one HF station [mine].

IMO there is a significant difference between number of licenses issued
or valid and how many hams are on the air.