Old July 28th 05, 11:56 PM
John Smith

Reg:

Indeed, my grandfather fought with "you brits" during the war, he had many
german lugars, swords, coins and memorabilia he brought back...

He seen enough to hold a high respect for the british empires' citizens--for
the rest of his life... indeed, his words inspired such in others...

Unless he greatly exaggerated the acts of glory, valor, bravery and loyalty
demonstrated by the british troops, (which I never found existed in my
grandfather--exaggeration), which he shared foxholes with, you brits have
nothing to repay... we are even--perhaps we even got the better of the deal, as
our forefathers had the company of decent men to share those bad times with...
he was there and liberated the Nazi camps, in the end... he would cry when he
would describe what his eyes could never forget...

.... he spoke highly of the aussies also, indeed, he commented, "some of those
men were above mere human beings" (his EXACT words), when referring to both
brits and aussies.

I have told my son of this man (his great-grandfather) and the men he (my
grandfather) was fortunate enough to have had at his side...

If the future demands, let us hope we shall be such allies again...

John

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

jgboyles wrote
Hi Reg, Interesting, but isn't a 30 metre wire more like 100 feet
instead of 60 feet? According to the conversions on your programs

it
is.

It's in the right ball park.

I'm pleased you make use of the measurements conversions in some of my
programs. Its just a small thing I can do to help paying back for what
you Americans did by helping us poor Brits to win the war. ;o) ;o)
----
Reg.