Old July 29th 05, 12:46 AM
John Smith

K4YZ:

Heck, now I'm a noin' ya'll ain't meanin' me! (maybe a relation though)

Hell, I'd just fire up the old chicken band rig on channel 19 and BS with a
trucker!

John

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
QUOTE FROM YAHOO! NEWS

FORT PIERRE, S.D. - Johnny Smith has a new digital cell phone, but he
relies on an older analog bag phone when he travels the wide open
spaces in the western part of the state to line up cattle for sale at a
local livestock auction.

In rural areas where cellular towers are far apart, analog phones often
work when digital models can't get a signal. With the Federal
Communications Commission pushing the move to all-digital phone service
across the country, Smith and others in rural areas are urging the
agency to wait until more towers are built to improve service.

"I carry a bag phone just because I can get so much better reception
with it," Smith said. "If you're out in the middle of no place, it's
nice to be able to call somebody."

END QUOTE

(Let's see how long it takes Lennie & Co to make this a "code
test" or "Mighty Morsemen" thread....)

Steve, K4YZ