Old July 28th 05, 10:59 PM

About three years ago when I was listening to the Roger Fredinburg radio
talk show www.regularguy.com a guy in either Texas or New Mexico
phoned into Roger's show and he said he retired from working at an oil
refinery.He explained how gasoline is a waste byproduct of the oil
refineries.Of course the gasoline at the oil refineries is cleaned up
and certain kinds of chemicals are added to the gasoline to make it burn
cleaner and perform better and there is the infrastructure and cost of
delivering the gasoliine (and diesel fuel too) to the gas stations.Los
Angeles (and many other cities in U.S.A.) used to have a very good
trolley car system many years ago untill the crooked Rockefella's had
the trolley system torn down in favor of oil and automobiles.Yesterday
or the day before,I read an article about the mayor of Los Angeles wants
to wean the people of Los Angeles away from their vehicles and on to
public transportation.The price of gasoline is very costly in many more
ways than one.I once read somewhere that most of the people in Europe
drive diesel engine powered vehicles.Jackson used to have a trolley car
system too,I wish the old fashioned trolley cars would come back.Most of
the trolley cars in U.S.A.were sold to South American countries where
many of them are still being used today.Some of the old trolley cars in
U.S.A.many years ago had a platform on the back of them and the trolley
cars were pulled along by horse's.When they got to the top of a
hill,they would let the horse ride on the platform on the down hill
runs.
cuhulin