Old July 29th 05, 02:19 PM
K4YZ

From: John Smith on Jul 28, 8:48 pm

Don't tell them that digital voice is really a "stream" of numbers which
describe your voice/words/tone/etc really, and the other phone (computer
really) decodes the instructions and recreates a "clone" of the original analog
signal which you will hear.

TOO LATE!!! I did that a few years ago...(SNIP)

Now you did it, John...Gave Lennie an opportunity to say "I Told
You So"!

Now he'll be on that "Say In 1000 What Anyone Else Can Say In 20"
mode for a month.

Irrelevant to here. Morsemen, mighty and macho as they wannabe,
have told us that "CELL PHONES ARE *USELESS* IN ANY EMERGENCY!"
That's that. No goodnik. The telephone system GOES DOWN in any
emergency situation, can't be used at all!

Whelp...Not true again, but you like to perpetuate the story.

Too bad there's no "surplus" SINCGARS radios...(SNIP)

Oh no...SINCGARS again...

Lennie belittles Amateurs for "saving the radio world", yet at
every opportunity we're lambasted with yet another round of how a
MILITARY systems is the "know all-end all" of radio communication....

I'd rather reference Brian Burke's statement:

"Morse code gets through when everything else will."

Cute from two guys who are incompetent in Morse telegraphy...

Steve, K4YZ