Old July 29th 05, 04:46 PM
John Smith

N9OGL:

Well, there ya go, trouble is, when you give control to an incompetent he is
going to focus on control and being a disciplinarian, any real merit is lost.
Any successful group must be flexible to the majority's rule, as only if the
group is responsive and meets the needs of those is it valid--problems with a
"control freak" moderator are the same--most newsgroups with such do not
survive--about as many posting as QSO's on HF, they begin dying--moderated
newsgroups.

Only reason I don't send binaries, pics etc in moderation here, no one
intelligent to uudecode them (also, there has just not been a need), that is
obvious and really what the center of most problems we are speaking of--control
freaks managing to having halted progress...

John

"N9OGL" wrote in message
oups.com...
The rules to Newsgroups vary from newsgroup to newsgroup, the problem
with this group (rec.radio.amateur.policy) is that it'snot monerated,
or it is and the monerator isn't doing there job.
unless it is a discussion group rule, again the rules vary from
discussion group to discussion group then it alright.

Todd N9OGL
Monerator
Amateur-Radio-Experimentation

Discussion Group