Old July 29th 05, 10:07 PM
an old friend

K=D8HB wrote:
While they removed the requirement for a Morse exam, note that they incre=

ased
the written examination passing score for the Basic License. FCC could l=

earn
something from these guys.

but not if you have held your license for some time

quote

(2) Amateurs certified prior to April 2, 2002 will be allowed to
operate in the HF bands below 30 MHz based on the experience and
knowledge they have acquired over this period of time.

unquote

maing that if Ilived a bit futher north than I do and held a canadian
call I would have hf access now (or tomarrow rather) without having had
to make any higher score

Logicaly therefore I would expect in time This to evolve into 80 for
access now or pass the test and wait 2 years for access by experence,
or possibly for the Ca to decicide keeping track of the 2 score levels
is too much work

--
73, de Hans, K0HB