Old July 29th 05, 07:33 PM
John Smith

Barney:

First, Einstein was found wanting to his teachers, indeed, they all thought the
boy lacking in mental horsepower. If not for his parents contacts (and
probably greasing the palms of those in control) he would not even have had his
meaningless job in the german patent office, it was the mailroom I think...
before we found him and gave him the title of "likely the world's most
brilliant man/scientist to have ever lived."

Now, get a grip on yourself, nothing has changed. Still, the gifted are not
able to be recognized--I suspect many live in those "trailer parks" you just
mentioned. Perhaps some have CB radios...

Indeed, this world is run by a bunch of "C" students which have barely
graduated--they are intelligent enough to recognize the more gifted are a REAL
danger to their jobs, are fewer in number than their fellow "C students", and
so band together in gangs and chase them off to corners...

The world has not changed....

John

"Barney Fife" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:48:46 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

CB reflects the real world...

John

In the Southeastern U.S. I've found CB to be a window in to the
local trailer parks more often than not. The middle and upper class
are running around with cell phones and FRS radios instead of CBs.
Gone are the days of MoonRaker 4s and big radio towers peppering the
neighborhoods of America. Now the same people who would have been
talking on CB's in the 1970s are running around with cell phones and
FRS radios today.
Even the Ham Radio frequencies are largely vacant compared to the
activity they enjoyed in the 1980s. The Internet and cheap cell
phones has dramatically reduced the influx of new blood in to the
radio hobby.