Old July 30th 05, 02:50 AM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
It is quite evident that through the actions of the first interface,
that there is less energy incident upon the second interface.

On the contrary, it is quite evident that through the actions of the first
interface, namely reflection and wave cancellation, that there is *MORE*
energy incident upon the second interface. Here's the example from my
earlier posting. Those who can, please calculate the forward power in the
1/4WL 100 ohm section. Who believes, like Richard C., that it cannot
possibly be 100 watts or more?

100W 1/4WL
XMTR---50 ohm---+--------100 ohm---------+---200 ohm---200 load
feedline A feedline B feedline

Torr had a question in this regard, but as he is a casual
correspondent we have not seen any further comment from him - nor
would I expect him to have amplified on your observation above.

Why don't you send Tor an email and allow him to teach you how to
handle problems like these?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp