Old July 30th 05, 12:10 AM
Michael Black

"KØHB" ) writes:
"an old friend" wrote

Logicaly therefore I would expect in time This to evolve into 80 for
access now or pass the test and wait 2 years for access by experence,

Nope, if you pass the Basic written (but don't make an 80% score) you must then
take the Morse exam to get on HF.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Part of me is thinking that there was a reduction in the passing mark
at some point, and this just addresses it. I've not paid attention, and
the documents issued in 1990 after the restructuring says nothing about
the passing mark. But though I've not paid full attention, it is
something I have a vague feeling might have happened. If there
was such a reduction, then obviously that date is when it happened,
and this new bit just acknowledges that a higher pass mark is
deemed necessary for HF.

Or perhaps it's just simply in grandfathering people, they decided
that it wouldn't be as automatic as some might have wanted.

Micahel VE2BVW