Old July 30th 05, 03:00 AM
an old friend

John Smith wrote:
an_old_friend:

Really, deep inside, I am a decent human being, or would like to think I am.

since you haven't been around all of the last seven years I'll answer
you

I suffer from Both Dyslexia and Dyslexiod Aphasia, the degree to which
eithe ror both bother me and affect my writing avries over time, Indeed
it is strongly affected by How much I need to take any med Esp My
alegeies meds (which can cause drouseyness, and how recently I have
taken thoose meds. so literly My abilty does vary from one minte to the
next

Indeed these 2 related to why I never was able to pass a code test back
in the 70's, to 2 condictions affect me differently at deferent time
resulting in being able some days to as a reception test, and not
transmit it well enough and sometime the reverse, but always with
extreme headaches. I could spend the effort to contorl it better but
the RRAP is not worth those kinds of headaches

My professional work is recorded verbaly and then typed by someone
else. I am one of the persona for whom the written word is a challange,
always would, My harshest critics in the Newsgroup, esp Stevie know
this, and choose to make an issue of it

Your text has degraded here old friend, if you live alone, time to see a doctor
and get a check-up, you may have suffered a light stroke...

if you are seeing particular problem then likely I was typing about 45
to 60 minutes after taking the stronger allergy meds that this part of
the season me forces me to. Indeeed that a certain plant in bloom (one
farmed by my neighboor means I am spending more time inside dealing
with usenet)

I am not being flippant about this, and all joking has been set aside, but I
really do get a sense something is wrong, and fear for your health...

You may ignore my advice if you choose, but I have a real concern...

If I had just sat here without mentioning this, and something undesirable would
happen to you, it would truly cause me great grief to know, so no need to flame
me back. I really have considered my own mental health in all this too...

I hope you don't take this as Flaming you back, I am aware you have not
been arround for the whole show

Warmest regards,
John

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

From: K?B on Jul 29, 12:46 pm

"an old friend" wrote

gee I need more than the word of the people who developed it

The people who developed it did not call it an encryption method. (For the
simple reason that no cryptology is involved.)

Tsk, tsk, TSK! You FORGOT to mention the "papers" on the ARRL
website describing Peter Martinez' PSK31. [that's not like you]

You are skirting a very grey line on "cryptology." PSK31 is
NOT about "intentional obscuration of the meaning of a
communications," the boilerplate statement in Part 97 on
what can be sent or not sent by radio amateurs.

On the other hand, PSK31 is sufficiently UNLIKE conventional
TTY codings that it cannot be decoded by any TTY machinery
or even Hellschreiber.

and most artical I have read deal quickly with showing the PSK 31 which
Is a modulation different than most and an encoding of the character
different than most, that everyond kept talking about why is wasn't an
ilgeal code

Too many have the emotional labeling of "cryptology" in regards
to secrets and spies. In checking out Webster's New World
Dictionary, Prentice-Hall 1989, it defines "cryptography" as
"the art of writing or deciphering messages in code." Tsk, that
would apply to morse codes, wouldn't it? :-)

indeed it does as has been pointed out to hands in this or other
threads to Hans

a point or 2 about Morse as it compares to PSK 31

When someone says PSK 31 they mean the modulation and the character set

much like Morse Code you have the modulation which is assumed to be
OOKed CW, but doesn't have to realy (we have MCW sounds of dit and dah
on FM voice, or maybe alsoused to ID anautoumatic SSB to for all I
know)and the letter set

One could send Morse by FSK keying makeing it sound more like RTTY than
anything any ham would reconize and Morse, but one always means int eh
ARS the very specail mode/letter set

dit bit