Old March 17th 04, 09:10 PM
Snoopydawg

"Roger and Ute Brown" wrote in message ...
I think "Snoopydawg" has come to the wrong place!
Roger, KL7Q

Gee Roger KL7Q I thought that a Vallaint was a boatanchor! I have a
Hallacrafters S-85 and a Hammarlund HQ 110 ( it needs C73 and a
realinment) They are offered up for scacrafice too. I'm looking for a
amp for my 10 meter operation.
Gee Rbrtmssn201 here is a lesson in changing vocabulary. Swing is
the positive peak that a properly tunned amplifier produces in such AM
sceems like screen modulation. The 6146B tube does this, below is an
example rig.
EXAMPLE: Heathkit DX-60B 15 watts of carrier with 70 watt peaks. Gee
the output meter swings! So if you dump this into say a Henry desktop
2K you get 150-200watt carrier with 700 to 900 watt peaks. Gee FORWARD
SWING! Times are changing you have the ARRL to thank for that. You
have the FCC to thank for that too. Oh and you have CB radio to thank
for that. Most of your new hams hams aprox 1 million transmitters come
from the ranks of CB aprox 5 million transmitters.
best 73 or is it 73sssssssss when you sign off from a QSO which do
you do?
vocabulary 73
Oris