Old July 30th 05, 02:39 PM
yachtboy!

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:54:13 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

For a beginner like me, was pretty thrilled thinking I picked up China Radio
International direct.

But as replies to my post of last evening mentioned, it appears that all
I received was a relay from Sackvill, New Brunswick.

So I guess this brings up the question:

Is there any way for a Newbie like me to (easily) determine if what I am
picking up
is direct, or a relay from somewhere else ?

Thanks,
Bob

Using a database, such as ILG will help. It will tell you such things
as where the signal is from, who the intended target is, and what the
power is.
(and yes, the first time I "caught" CRI, I was disappointed when I
found out it was from Sackville)

"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis