Old July 30th 05, 07:36 PM
Scott in Baltimore

My problem is that I'll be moving from truck to truck so I wont have
time to set the SWR correctly. Most of our trucks have factory installed
double antenna's which I'm not too thrilled about.

If you're using a stock unmodified radio, there will be no
worries about a less then optimal antenna. If you're using
a racecar CB that's maxxed out, then you have to worry about
reflections from the antenna.

Remember that a dummy load has perfect SWR. You won't transmit
anywhere with that. 1:1 SWR and resonance aren't always the same.

I much prefer resonance over an artificially perfect SWR.