Old July 30th 05, 07:44 PM
John Smith

driver42:

If you really want to know exactly that the swr is ok, get a "SWR Meter." You
may still be able to get one from any radio shack, off ebay, or the radio shop
at a truck stop. They range in price for 9.99 to 29.99 and up, and are simple
to use and come with instructions. You may wish to have someone show you how
to use one, which has used one before. If you get it at radio shack or a radio
shop, a guy there should be able to quickly get you up to speed in their
usage...

Good luck...

John

"driver42" wrote in message
5...
"John Smith" wrote in
:

driver:

If the swr is over a 2 to 1, you get into danger of damaging the
output finals in the equipment, will also decrease your range.

There is always a method to decrease (tune adjust) swr...

John

"driver42" wrote in message
5...
Hi,
If I'm not able to set the SWR in the trucks that I drive will it
hurt the radio or just give me decreased range?

My problem is that I'll be moving from truck to truck so I wont have
time to set the SWR correctly. Most of our trucks have factory installed
double antenna's which I'm not too thrilled about.