Old July 30th 05, 08:52 PM
driver42

"John Smith" wrote in
:

driver42:

As a side note, most antennas can handle a 100 watts without problem,
however, if you are going to run BIG POWER, it would be good to check
the specs on the antenna(s) and make sure they will not be damaged by
large power input...

John

"driver42" wrote in message
5...
"John Smith" wrote in
:

driver:

If the swr is over a 2 to 1, you get into danger of damaging the
output finals in the equipment, will also decrease your range.

There is always a method to decrease (tune adjust) swr...

John

"driver42" wrote in message
5...
Hi,
If I'm not able to set the SWR in the trucks that I drive will it
hurt the radio or just give me decreased range?

My problem is that I'll be moving from truck to truck so I wont have
time to set the SWR correctly. Most of our trucks have factory
installed double antenna's which I'm not too thrilled about.

Thanks for your input. I dont want a "big" radio. I just want a quality
radio. I'm looking at either the PC68ELITE or the PC78ELITE both from
Uniden. I had a PC68 about ten years ago that I had tweeked and it was a
great unit. I was just on a CB site and I seen that they sell a box that
lets you set the SWR from your seat without touching the antenna. The box
is plugged inbetween your radio and antenna and then you just use your SWR
meter plus the knobs on the box to adjust to the desired level that you
want. Are these things any good or are they a gimmick?
Thanks,
Driver42