Old September 7th 03, 10:12 PM
H. Adam Stevens

This explains most clearly why MOT has been a bad investment since I quit in
'97.

When I went there in '81 it was a good investment.
We used to have perfect yields.
Now the factories are shut.

Fractal Geometry and Classical Electrodynamics have little to do with one
another at HF.
Or elsewhere.
Mandelbrot's office door had one picture on it when I made my observation in
'84:
Gauss's.
Buy a book.
Drink bourbon; Do math. Die anyway.
nite
H.

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:29:55 GMT, Paul Victor Birke
wrote:

This is a very good question!!

Unfortunately for such a good question, the answer reveals a mediocre
reality compared to the glowing claims.

snip-

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?art...-9EB7809EC588F

2D7),
Motorola started using the fractal antennas inside its cellphones. Do
they still use them? And what about the other manufacturers?

They could. Some manufacturers sell antennas complete with resistors
for their own novel characteristics. Some cellphone users paste in a
foil do-dad sold at two for $19.95 on TV too (never mind that a piece
of aluminum foil works just as well for a penny's worth of material
and no shipping/handling fee).

"(....) Cohen, who founded Fractal Antenna Systems four years ago, is
now working with T&M Antennas, which makes cellular phone antennas for
Motorola. T&M engineer John Chenoweth says that the fractal antennas
are 25 percent more efficient than the rubbery "stubby" found on most
phones. (...)

They could also claim to be 55% more efficient than a resistor too.

snip-
Anyone could as
easily make the same claims for the unique color of ink in their sales
brochures giving boosted performance.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC