Old July 30th 05, 05:29 PM
Lucky

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message
"Lucky" wrote

SHOCKER. It's assembled in India NOT China.

I'm not surprised at all. Taiwan companies are now beginning to move
their
factories out of China and into other countries.

Are you implying that the proceeds from this radio will still serve the CCP
unless the Taiwan manufacturer is under it's own control? This time they
have to pay rent and normal overhead like everyone else.

It's only assembled in India but of course the components must still be
Chinese. This is only my impression, but I think the workers in India crank
out a better product if only because they don't live under communism and
WANT to do their personal best. Their personal moral and attitude has to be
more cheerful, positive and geared towards producing a better product then a
forced slave, low paying laborer and it shows.

It's a solid radio and you can appreciate it's quality in comparison to
other Chinese
made radios.

I never had a Sat 800 or even listened to one, but from the couple people
who do own both say the E1 sounds much better then the 800 and they like it
much better.

My few beefs are NO carrying handle. What were they thinking? If it's a
portable, how are you supposed to carry it around comfortably? Also, I would
have liked to see an adjustable stand on back of the radio for different
angles of viewing. You see the display can be adjusted for contrast, but you
lose readability from certain angles.

This means you must manintain a certain line of sight setup so you can read
it properly all the time especially the smaller print labels near the very
bottom of the display. Or, you can just keep the radio in an upright
postition eliminating this slight oversight.

Now, there are only 2 little rubber feet towards the back of the radio to
keep it from slipping. Why they didn't put rubber on all 4 feet doesn't make
sense. The cost must be under 1 cent when bought in bulk.

I need to run over to Rat Shack to pick up the Pal adapter so I can check on
the sensitivity of the rig. ECSS is fine except for the 5 to 7khz offset for
the stations I listened to. The double sync sideband works very well. It's
comparable to the Lowe 150s implentation of it but I would say the Lowe does
a better job of it.

Aagin, I have only spent one night with it and didn't read the manual
completely yet. I was out all day on friday and was kind of tired when it
came to reading and comprehension of the info. I will read it all today and
tomorrow. The manual also comes on a CD. Oh, they give you pre printed
return lables if you want to return the radio for almost any reason.

Here are your choices:

1] Defective
2] Unwanted gift
3] Quality
4] Changed Mind
5] Damaged
6] Wrong size
7] Wrong Color
8] Arrived too late {much too late
9] Not Item Ordered
10] Other reason and you explain why

So as you can see they give you 60 days and don't care why you don't want or
like it. I'm very, very pleased with that. But, I looks like this is the
Sharper Image's policy only.

Ok guys, off I go soon to pick up the Pal adapter. Everyone have a safe and
happy day.

Lucky