Old July 31st 05, 02:00 AM
Tom Holden

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
In article .com,
"K7ITM" wrote:

... or just transmit the SSB with a
suppressed carrier that you don't have to worry about removing.)

Tom & Sam-

That is what I was going to suggest. It is a common practice to send a
partially reduced carrier that doesn't eat up a lot of power, but allows
you to synchronize to it using a synchronous detector.

The Canadian time and frequency standard transmitters at 3330 and 7335 kHz
are USB with partially reduced carrier. I don't see the point of sending a
tone in the middle of the speech spectrum to provide a sync reference when
unsuppressing the carrier to some degree is much more economical.

Tom