Old September 7th 03, 10:53 PM
Paul Victor Birke

Richard Clark wrote:

Proximity often leads to increasing loss, and rarely opportunity for
boundless gain.

I was thinking only of more sustainable gain, certainly not boundless!!

They have them stuck inside the unit and you have your hand wrapped
around the antenna-not such a good idea since you are conducting, at
least partially, and therefore shielding the inside antenna.

Quite so, but hardly the fault of the antenna and has nothing to do
with any perceived characteristic.

Indeed but not a clever design idea wrt antenna placement was my point.

Why not make it in a rubber matrix and be about 2" * 4" folding up.
That would be goog for added sensitivity I would strongly suspect.

Paul Birke (EE)

Hi Paul,

Soothe your suspicions. A randomly crushed antenna is just as
effective. However "just as effective" means equally in-effective.

Ouch!

As one poster pointed out YEARS ago, was that if fractals were such a
good idea, we would all have replaced our antennas with them by now.

Yes well that would be the case except maybe for Patent monies.

all the best
Paul