Old July 31st 05, 12:45 AM

Default start non-comm radio station in ATL GA

I am thinking about starting a non-commercial radio station in the ATL
GA area. Id like to have a simultaneous live-stream available per the
Internet.

1) legal implications?
2) I have researched re. the royalties and it seems like there would be
$0.02 due per song played, plus a $500 minimum fee per calendar year.
Aside from that,:

2.1) how do I get an available frequency assigned and how much does it
cost? I have searched the FCC website back and forth, and I cannot find
a clear answer to these questions.

2.2) what minimum equipment is needed to start broadcasting? Ballpark
for cost? Id like to keep it simple and cheap, kind of like wanting to
start broadcasting from my basement.

I know these are very general and broad questions, but I do have some
good ideas and I think people would like to listen to it.

thanks!
R.