Old July 31st 05, 05:26 AM

Len:

I am afraid we cannot grant you the benefit of the doubt, and the possibility
you are only frugal with your money.

Nah. I'm a regular "Mr. Moneybags" who "got it all on investments"
according to our resident noise, er, nurse. :-)

Back in 1960 I was working for Ramo-Wooldridge in Canoga Park
and had decided to "upgrade" to a new set of wheels. Got a 1961
Cebby Impala convertible. [babe magnet and a half...:-) ]
Had a great loan term from the company Credit Union. Then some
"downsizing" happened and I was looking for another job. Credit
Union said "no problem" on the loan, just keep paying on it,
which I did. Got another job. When that two-year loan ended,
I kept paying MYSELF the same amount into my savings account.

By 1966 I had enough saved to buy a new car, a 1967 Camaro SS.
Paid Ca$h for it. Haven't taken out any auto loans since, not
for the '70 Camaro or the '82 Camaro Berlinetta, and now the
new Malibu Maxx.

Am I bragging? No. I'm illustrating a point in directed
THRIFT. I'm not frugal, just disciplined insofar as ca$h is
concerned. And I've had some unforseen expenses from an early
personal tragedy also.

Since you now have refused all unreasonable requests for a sizeable loan, we
must dismiss you as a "Tight A$$ED Dude", you will not be asked again! grin

Good! I've been taking "NO" lessons from Capital One.

hit hit