Old July 31st 05, 05:29 AM
John Smith

Tony:

Tune in the chicken band, channel 6--27.025 when the DX band conditions are up
on 11 meters (skip), just think how it will be when those
multi-kilowatt-ebonic-speaking-brothers get their tickets!!!

My gawd, diversity--don't ya just love it?

John

"Tony VE6MVP" wrote in message
On 30 Jul 2005 14:17:19 -0700, wrote:

Problem is, USA ham radio is basically done by WHITE MALES so
it wouldn't go over big. Dunno about Canadian demographics
but British Columbia is largely white...

I know in Edmonton, Alberta there is at least one Chinese male and a
fairly active group of Philipino's. Also some women. But yes
predominantly in Edmonton I'd say at least 80% are white male.

I do not recall seeing any folks at the meetings who were black or
East Indian. In the Edmonton demographics there aren't many blacks
but there are a fair number of East Indians.

BTW there are a considerably number of hams in their 20s and 30s.
I'd say a third or so of the executive of the larger organizations is
in that age bracket.

Tony