Old July 31st 05, 12:42 PM
dxAce

Doug Reese wrote:

-=jd=- wrote:
On Sat 30 Jul 2005 08:14:43a, "Doug Reese" wrote in
message oups.com:

-=jd=- wrote:
On Wed 27 Jul 2005 07:16:15a, dxAce wrote in
message :

Doug Reese wrote:

-=jd=- wrote:
On Tue 26 Jul 2005 09:06:21a, "Doug Reese"
wrote in message
oups.com:

dxAce wrote:
Doug Reese wrote:

dxAce wrote:
David wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:40:39 -0500, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

Democrats are pussies! They don't know how fight.

B.H.

Senator John Kerry, Lt., U.S. Navy 1966-70; Silver Star,
Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple
Heart for his service in combat (1)

Faked! And he still owes us not only service time but also
jail time!

Faked?

Yes.

Which ones?

Apparently several of them!!

And you would know that . . how?

By paying attention to detail.

Good, then if you've paid attention, please do better than
"several of them". Which ones? And while you're at it, what
about them was "faked"?

I look forward to your reply.

Something you yourself have apparently failed to do.

Boy, you got me there. I guess I'll have to wait for your
detailed reply, with which you will really put me in my place.

That Silver Star with "V" reeks of some shenanigans...

No it doesn't. Asd I mentioned in an earlier reply, he wasn't
awarded a Silver Star with "V". That's just what a clerk incorrectly
typed up on his DD-214.

The award, and the citation, have no "V".

Even without the "V" it still reeks of shenanigans... as do most of
his medals.

And Kerry DID have that DD-214 up on his website with NO explanation
about the "V". Why? Because he thought we were all suckers, that's
why.

Guess what? We're not all suckers, and John 'Fraud' Kerry,
thankfully, went down in defeat.

Get over it, 'tard boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Furthermore, the shenanigans that immediately come to mind is a semi-
knowledgeable John Kerry typing up his own award paperwork, not
realizing that the Silver-Star does not accommodate the "V" device.

Sorry, but that's not the way it works, nor is it the way it worked in
this instance.

Other than Kerry, no-one knows how it worked in that particular incidence.

Let me be specific.
The actual medal/ribbon didn't have a "V".
The actual citation does not have a "V".
The ONLY thing that has a "V" on it is his DD-214.

I did not say anything else had the "V". I was speaking to the context of
your post, which referenced the DD214.

OK then. Are you saying Kerry typed up his own DD-214? I don't believe
you are.

People wanted to see Kerry's records. He posted many of them, including
his DD-214. It had an error -- the "V" -- so what? Mine has the wrong
birthdate. So what?

This was so blatantly off-base as far as the Swift Boat Veterans for
"truth" were concerned, that they didn't bother to comment when this
hit the "news".

He was put in for the award by Admiral Zumwalt.

Are you asserting that Adm Zumwalt prepared the paperwork himself? He may
have formally signed it and sent it up the chain, but the question remains,
who prepared that particular OPNAV 1650/3? Apparently, only John F. Kerry
knows for sure.

Ahh, here's where we may have a problem/misunderstanding. It was NOT
sent up the chain. It was issued by Zumwalt's office. And this is
apparently the reason for it being too long, and containing somewhat
less flowery language than most such citations. An assumption on my
part -- The person who prepared the citation usually didn't do that
sort of thing.

Up until just before that incident, a SS had to be approved by the
SECNAV. That rule was changed, allowing people like Zumwalt to quickly
issue these "impact awards".

As I think you know, the incident happened Feb 28, 1969. The medal was
awarded something like March 6.

Then there are three citations, all made at demonstrably different times
and by different parties, for the award.

I know. And each of these two subsequent citations are shorter and
contain less detail than the original. They also contain language which
is not true. This language is found nowhere else -- not in the
after-action reports, nor is it something that anyone present has
claimed. ("intense automatic weapons fire", and "numerically superior
enemy force")

http://idexer.com/articles/kerry_medals.htm