Old July 31st 05, 11:08 PM
John Smith

Frank:

OK, you didn't get it the last time I tried, let me be a bit more blunt:

If, at this time, any are left here which do not realize you are an idiot--they
are a BIGGER IDIOT THAN YOU!

John

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:34:36 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Frank:

I will put it in simple words for you:

"We don't give a damn what they call a "match box"/"line flattener."!

And that's why there is so much CB mythology -- terminology born of
ignorance -- floating around and confusing people that are new to the
hobby. It's great for voodoo techs who make gobs of money by selling
worthless gimmicks and trashing good radios with "swang" mods, but
what do you care? You don't give a damn.

Just think of it as a device to keep you from cooking the finals!
They work well for that purpose!

Hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of CB radios in circulation
that work just fine without a matchbox and have never "cooked" their
finals. I'm absolutely positive that many of them have been hooked up
to antennas that weren't exactly perfect, have been run with high SWR,
and generally well abused. Yet despite your assertion that this guy is
going to blow his final without a matchbox, all of those radios still
work.

This concept is so simple it can be understood by an autistic turnip.
So what's -your- excuse?

John

That's where your opinions belong.

News==----