Old August 1st 05, 01:38 AM

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a radio for listening to short wave
radio broadcasts. I would like it to be portable and have digital
tuning. I am looking to spend in the neighborhood of $100 US Is what I
want available in the price range I am looking at? A friend who is in to
CB radios said look at Grundig radios. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Drew

Drew,

Grundig is good. My favorite portables are the Sangean ATS 909, and ATS
404. Here is a link to a nytimes article from a few years ago that
gives a nice overview of SW portables. The article appears to still be
pretty relevant. (If you don't want to register to read the article go
http://www.bugmenot.com )

http://tech2.nytimes.com/mem/technol...C0A9649C 8B63

Bob