Old August 1st 05, 06:31 AM
Ed

Just a followup on my original post under this subject.

I completed my short 75M dipole (Inverted V) and am very pleased with
it.

Went to the hardware store, bought a piece of cheap bathroom plumbing
material, 1.5" diameter and very light. (Lighter than PVC)

Bought some #18 stranded hookup wire.

Found an old spool of Telephone indoor station wire (#22).

I wound my 1.5" dia coils with the telephone station wire. Worked
very well. I wanted a 50 uH coil so as it turned out, 50 turns, close
spaced, did the job. (about 25 turns per inch).

I positioned the coils about 6/10 of the distance down my dipole
legs; the total length of each leg came out to 24 feet. The feedpoint
is at the top of my 23 foot cheap telescopic RV flag pole. This antenna
tuned right up to freq... 3950KHz in my case. SWR was about 1.6. Seems
usable between 3900 and 4000. If I want to go lower, I just hang a
couple alligator clips with 6" wire off the ends to lower resonance.

Project was easy, and whole thing is light, small, easy to erect, and
works well, considering size. Works well with my FT-817.

Thanks to those who made replies to my post.

Ed K7AAT