Old August 1st 05, 05:36 AM
Andy100

Can someone not just post what the reset procedure is. I had already looked
at that manual, but couldn't find them,

Thanks
Andy

"jamoran" wrote in message
for aor-8000
there is a hard reset an a soft reset
verify you do have frequencies programmed in the scan banks if htere are
no frequencies programmed it may act funky

go to the AOR web and download the PDF manual, the specific reset
instructions can be found there

Andy100 wrote:
Is there a quick way to restore factory settings to the AOR AR-8000

handheld
scanner. I got one off e-bay and the previous owner had all the channels
full of frequencies that are 'dead' up here. I can manually delete each

one,
or overwrite with my own, but wondered if there was a simple set of
key-strokes which wipes the memory. Similar to the Realistic models

where
you hold 2, 9 and switch the unit on.

Cheers
Andrew