Old August 1st 05, 03:52 PM
John Smith

Frank:

From your text, I still believe myself correct... else you are very adept at
being able to hide an education...

John

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:23:02 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Frank:

Frankly (pun intended) you strike me as an idiot. Probably one who has
picked
up most if not all of his "knowledge" from magazines, and books on his
own--no
formal training, no degree, not having held a job in the field--you come hear
like an authority.

Krist, the hams know more than you do!

Hams are, by definition, amateurs. Radio has been my -profession- for
about 25 years, including a BS in EE from EWU (including a minor in
communications). I worked as a BE for about 12 years, before that at a
radio comm shop (while going to college), and before that as a radio
tech in the USMC (MOS 2841). Nowdays I have my own part-time shop for
both radio and audio equipment, and do some bartending on the side
(better perks than any radio work!).

Oh yeah..... and I've been a CBer since I was about 10.

And if you have -any- doubts about what I am saying here then feel
free to browse the archives for this group and challenge me on any
technical issue on which I have commented and you think I'm wrong.
Otherwise, go troll some other newsgroup. Maybe some group under the
topic of assembly language since you claim to be a "wizard" at it. Or
we can discuss that topic here -- I'm fairly adept at writing my own
assembly subroutines, especially device drivers for automation control
and data aquisition (for custom interface cards that I also designed
myself).

So what'll it be, "John"?

News==----
Newsgroups