Old August 1st 05, 07:41 PM
K4YZ

an old friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
an old friend wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

Note the use of "flailing" in place of "failing" in Stebie's
sentence. A Freudian slip of his mirroring his own FLAILING
about when he says all disagreers "LIE, LIE, LIE!" :-)

He has a unique viewpoint.

And you don't?

of course he does, as do I, and len and todd, but of ocurse you have no
interest in those view points so flail against us us all

Sure I have an interest...even when it's a "different viewpoint".

no you don't you just start demeaning that we comply with your
viewpoint

Start demeaning what?

Or did you mean "demanding"...???

If you perceived something I said as "demeaning", it was probably
because I was responding to something that was so absolutley idiotic or
assinine that I had a hard time staying in the chair from laughing so
hard.

If you meant "demanding", you're more than welcome to pony-up a
quote of mine that substantiates your claim that I have DEMANDED
anything.

The PROBLEM is that you, Lennie, Brain and Toiddie have a unique
way of expressing those viewpoints.

and therein lies your problem Stevie, you see the facts we are are
defferent as a problem

Oh, you're "defferent" alright.

I don't have a problem with DIFFERENT, Mark.

I DO have a problem with intentionally mistruthful or deceitful.

Espeically Lennie.

"I don't like Morse Code testing because I think it's an
antiquated mode" is a valid and debatable point.

"Macho Morsemen are killing off the hobby with their luddite,
archaic demands" is a baldfaced lie and meant to do nothing more than
incite the very flames that it does.

it isn't a bald faced lie, it is an accurtate disription of a valid
point of view

No, it's a bald faced lie.

There are no "Macho Morsemen" holding ANYthing back.

If there was, there never would have been the NCT or the present
"Kill Element 1" movement.

Amateur Radio is more than 3 1/2 times bigger today than it was
when I was a Novice in 72. One can communicate around the world with
an NCT and an HT. We can communicate with the Space Station, any one
of 10-12 satellites, and we have HF radios smaller than a carton of
cigarettes where it once took a whole deskfull of gear to do the same
thing.

I agree that the Luddite rejection of change embodied by the clring to
more Code is an open wound in the Body of the ARS.

Read the above then try to realize why your statement is so
assinine.

Len statement is simply a colorful expression of that view

Lennie's statement is an anagonistic swipe at a subset of radio
communicators he doesn't like because at sometime in his past one of
them "diss'ed" him.

It has nothing to do with reality.

So here's the challenge, Mark...

We just hit August of 2005 so I will use previous Augusts as the
milestone...

Go find old copies of any Amateur Radio journal...Heck...take "CQ"
since it started in 1945...A nice round number of years (suggested
since Lennie will jump in about how the ARRL is hardly objective, etc
etc etc...)

That represents an even 60 years of Augusts.

I dare you to look back through all thos Augusts and then come
back here with a straight face and tell me about how Amateur Radio is
not "progressing".

Even better yet...Since Lennie's always harping about how Amateurs
are allegedly "stuck in the 30's", go ahead and stroll back through
QST's back to 1930. That now gives you SEVENTY FIVE Augusts to
establish trends with.

Now compare the technology, practices, modes, etc of August 1930
or 1945 with August of 2005, and THEN tell me how Lennie's accusations
of the immobility of Amateur Radio are true...?!?!

Good luck.

Steve, K4YZ