Old August 1st 05, 09:23 PM
Mark S. Holden

John S. wrote:
Brian Hill wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

You've seperated the loop antenna and dynamic expander from the radio and
are auctioning these parts seperately.

Just what do you mean with "Winner takes ALL"?

Frank Dresser

Why do people do that crap? You'll never find those parts to put it together
and most wont bid on three auctions just to try for fear you may loose one
and end up with a incomplete unit.

Basically parting out an antique radio to maximize his return. I've
seen real auctioneers do the same thing with sets of antique furniture.
Slimy profiteering or a free market at work? Maybe a bit of both.

Presumably whoever wins the radio will need to send big snipes after the
other items - if they know the radio they're buying has been scavenged.

I've auction houses auction individual parts of a very valuable set,
then auction everything as a set - and if the set sells for more than
the total of the individual parts, it stays together.

But what he's doing with this radio is more like taking a table apart
and selling the top and legs individually.

It may even be a step beyond what Radio-Mart does with stripping options
out of radios he buys for resale.