Old August 2nd 05, 12:01 AM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From:
Yes, and many of the veteran CB-ers (you

know, the ones we grew up, respected, and

learned from) are long gone.

Speaking of FRS, I heard back in the late

1980's that these frequencies were the anser

to people's complaints about abusive behavior
on the CB. That is, these new bands would

not have skip,

Calling a natural occurring phenomenon (skip) "abusive" merely
illustrates your personal dislikes and tastes and is in no manner
indicative of what other people consider abusive. Skip, by itself, is no
more abusive than repeater function.

and supposedly would hamper desires for

power and obscene language.

How would no skip hamper desire for bigger power? There will always be
someone who needs to be king of the neighborhood, town, county, etc.

Whether or not, I still think the CB bands were

better, and

more fun.

That's cause you can't freeband no more. Your voice is too easily
recognized and you can never go back.

Yes, sadly the world reflects all

communications,

Horse****. "The world reflects all communications" is incomplete
structure and meaningless.
There are countless examples of why such is not true (smoke signals are
still used by tribes in New Guinea, as well as other examples). "All"
communications, at least in your example, is limited only to your
knowledge of what you consider communications in the US.

morals and all, but what else can we do, but

try and be positive.

You can do nothing. There will always be mere language that upsets the
overly sensitive puritans who want to impose their censorship on others.
In this country, you're up **** creek without a paddle..at least for the
time being.
You're one of those who instead of changing the channel when something
is on that offends you, you want it done away with. You have a long
uphill battle.