Old August 1st 05, 11:59 PM
Lucky

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message

He does have it. After using it for a short time, he said he liked it
overall--although he did go on to make some more detailed comments that
were 'mixed' in nature.

When he last reported, he was on his way to buy an adaptor that would
allow him to connect the E1 to an external antenna. We haven't heard
from him since then.

My guess is he's still stuck at Radio Shaft trying to explain to them that
he doesn't want a new cell phone, or a dish TV system, or a new computer,
or new long distance service or a new credit card...

snip

Radio Shaft! LOL

It was pouring here with lots of lightning all day and night the day I got
it so I didn't go out. Even if I did, I wouldn't have used the external
antenna that night. Too stormy.

Sat night, I went in to RS just near closing and they were out of stock. Too
late to go to any others in the area.

Sunday, picked up some recommended parts but they turned out to be too many.
Like 4 adapters to get a PL-259 or 239 in action. Too many. I figured out
what was really needed for myself after orientating myself with this "Pal"
connector. I never saw or used one before.

Wanted to go out Sunday night so I couldn't make the exchanges till today.

In the meantime I was using alligator clips from my main ant to the whip on
the radio so I was still using it all that time.

Now I'm going to eat dinner bye

Lucky