Old August 2nd 05, 09:22 PM

From: "Bill Sohl" on Tues 2 Aug 2005 13:18

Len,

Thanks for the status analysis.
Will you be doing periodic updates too?

Aperiodically, as time here permits.

So far, I've READ each and every Comment posted in the ECFS
on WT Docket 05-235. I've noted which ones were absolutely
FOR code test elimination and which ones were absolutely
AGAINST code test elimination. There are a few "gray area"
Comments which want an in-between state; i.e., code test for
some classes but not others...or the writing is too ambiguous
as to what the commentor is trying to say. The third category
has to be subjectively judged and I "put on my editor's hat"
to gauge those. The first two categories have NO possible
ambiguity since this is a highly-polarized subject and most
are very definitely on one side or the other.

As for approximately mid-afternoon in DC on 2 Aug 05 there
are 55 more Comments, one of which is mine (5 pages worth, but
a small download file, about 30K). Based on previous Dockets,
the ECFS totals are not stable until about 6 PM in DC as the
incoming Comments undergo some kind of human perusal/check
prior to appearing in the final day's listing. 6 PM in DC is
3 PM out here.

A ratio of greater than 3:1 FOR the NPRM is still holding.

dot bye