Old August 2nd 05, 05:14 PM
Frank Dresser

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message

Well on reflection, perhaps comparing him to Radio-mart was a bit harsh.

I'd feel better if he mentioned the "options" he took out are being sold
on other auctions.

Well, he does mention that near the bottom of his Ebay auction page. But to
get there you well go past the sales pitches for:

classic Receiver
AND Mono Power Amp
AND a tube phonostage
original bakelite type knobs (minus one knob, to be auctioned seperately
with dynamic expander)
Original connection cables are ALL included
ALSO INCLUDED is the original Schematic from the rear of the console with a
tube layout chart

A Radio-mart comaprision is a bit harsh. More like Ron Popiel.

I'd think most folks who would bid on something like that would want the
whole thing instead of a chassis.

Dunno. Consoles were large, and the really fancy ones were the home
entertainment centers of the day. Shipping them around is expensive. Few
people have the room to properly display a few console radios. Nice table
top radios attract more buyers and usually get a better price.

Frank Dresser