Old August 3rd 05, 04:32 AM
John Smith

KXHB:

OMG. The perverts have exchanged their boxes of lollipops for HT's...

My gawd, those evil, evil men!

John

"KXHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"b.b." wrote

It just ****es me off when they make claims of
intentionally sending code so poorly that a
pimply-faced No-Code Tech with a code
reader can't listen in.

Give it up Willy Weeper. "They" (a single guy) who said that is long since
dead, but you keep writing jeremiads on a topic that no living soul remains
to support.

And why is it that you continue to hijack my satirical character, Billy
Beeper?

beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

(Apologies to Kurt Vonnegut)

To all external appearances, Farnsworth Corners, U.S.A., is bright, cheerful,
and happy. However, in dark corners of the city lurk Godless Nocoders who
seek to undermine the moral fabric of our mighty Nation.

In a dirty basement apartment, an underfed, seedy-looking old man wearing
small, round spectacles and threadbare clothes, types furiously at a musty
desk illumined only by a single, naked bulb. As the pages fly through his
typewriter, an evil plan gradually emerges: a treacherous treatise which
threatens the well-being of the upright citizens of Farnsworth Corners. The
work is completed, and the old man leans back thoughtfully and smiles as he
rubs the three-day stubble on his chin. The time has come for the Hammer of
Leonard to strike!

Some weeks later, in another part of town, little Billy Beeper walks home
from school. Suddenly he hears a voice right next to his ear.

"Psst! Hey, kid! Would you like to try my 2M HT? It's free!"

Billy's eyes open wide as he faces the stranger. An embroidered patch on the
mans soiled jumpsuit reads "Codefree Charlie". "Gosh, no! N2EY told me never
to touch a radio which didn't beep!"

"Aw, c'mon!" says the old man. "I only wanna be friends with you!"

"Well, I don't know," replies Billy. "I was told that FM was bad for you!"

"That's just what the grown-ups say to scare you!" says the drooling man.

"The truth is that they don't want you to try it 'cause it'll make you grow
up faster and be able to smoke cigarettes and drink liquor just like them!"

Billy is hesitant, but suddenly a tall form looms before them and grabs the
ruffian by the collar.

"Golly!" exclaims Billy. "It's Captain Code!"

Yes, Readers, it's Captain Code: faster than a Vibroplex Blue Racer, more
powerful than an Alpha three-holer, able to leap tall pileups in a single
bound.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, old man," says Captain Code to the
hoodlum. "There are far better ways to earn money than to hoodwink innocent
children into a life of codelessness. It's to the FCC for you!

"And as for you, young friend, take my advice and stay away from strangers,
and believe nothing that they say. It's tragic, but until Godless Nocodism is
abolished from the world, there will always be those who would like nothing
better than to hurt you ."

"Gee, thanks, Captain Code!" says Billy. "I promise that I'll always listen
to Mom and Dad, and I'll keep away from strangers with shacks on their belt!"