Old August 3rd 05, 08:41 PM
an old friend

John Smith wrote:
b.b.:

They are not "sending code so poorly that a pimply-faced No-Code Tech with a
code reader..." can't read it, they are attempting to send so badly that a
computer running software coded by one both CW and computer savvy has set up--I
suspect they think themselves smarter than the computer... maybe... grin

Indeed, a very good programmer would inject "nuances" into the way the app
translated his keyboard code to morse, making it virtually impossible for them
to tell they were copying automaton generated code, at a very respectable
speed! grin

personaly I have never had anyone but those in the know believe I was
sending via machine ( I would do that back in the days 13 wpm was
needed for real access to HF, after all anyine that can follow my
offhand typing at 13wpm can manage to pass any test at that speed

I would think it would be a game, an enjoyable one...

John

"b.b." wrote in message
ups.com...

John Smith wrote:
b.b.:

Uhhh, we "code tape wizards" and "computer taught b*st*rds" are "out there"
(more ways than one, I suppose), and if a code reader can't display it on
the
screen--we can probably live without those "words of wisdom."

Art Bell said, "CW is dead!" If Art Bell (even more trustworthy than Santa
and
the New York Times!) says it, Victoria, it is true!

John

I have no problem with folks wanting to use CW. It just ****es me off
when they make claims of intentionally sending code so poorly that a
pimply-faced No-Code Tech with a code reader can't listen in.