Old August 3rd 05, 04:28 PM

John Plimmer wrote:

Kiwa MW Loop - see
http://www.dxing.info/equipmen t/kiwa_mw_loop_plimmer.dx
--
------------------
Have you ever used a McKay Dymek DA5, or DA7 or the Polamar loop?
The DA5 has a ~12" feritte bar and the DA7 has an ~18" feritte bar.

While here in the USA we have a "lot" of MW stations, Europe is much
worse.
A friend spent a year in Europe, in France near Germany, and her DX398
was nearly useless on MW. Here in the USA most MW are relativly low
power. I have a MW on 770KHz about 3 miles from me that is the bane of
my
existance. It sneaks into nearly everything. The only good part is they
are
daylight only and they cleaned up the TX last winter. They had nasty
spurs all
over the MW band. The spurs were at the same spot on receivers with
different
LO/IF chains.

The DA5 does a usefull job of nulling out offending stations, not
perfect but
given the typical garbage on MW here these days I seldom listen. I am
currently intrigued by a 10W "Traffic Information Station" that is ~20
miles away,
working into a 20' vertical antenna with a poor ground system that I
am receiving
S3 after some improvements to my ground system.

Terry