Old August 3rd 05, 04:22 PM
yachtboy!

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:19:35 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

It doesn't
belong here. I remember when I first started out and came here, RHF and many
others were such great help to me and answered all my questions for me. RHF
was right up there with his good natured heart and helpful ways. I even was
talking about radio with Dxace and he gave me good radio advice too.

So what happened that took these good natured people into the realm of
limited vocabulary and constant insults towards those they disagree
with?
It seems to me they have been making their own beds for quite a while.
Not once have I ever been a witness to either one admitting they were
perhaps wrong about something, or even willing to admit that maybe
someone else had a viable point of view.
Instead all we hear is " 'tards" and "tote that ...".
I'm sure they're lovely human beings, but they haven't a clue as to
how to behave in public.
Yes this is a sw group, it's too bad certain people like to intimidate
others (to the point they leave, thus making the group less that what
it could be).
And all of this is a shame, because with the knowledge these
individuals posses, and the passion they exhibit towards it, they
could be instrumental in reaching new listeners.
But they choose to denigrate anyone who may seem to be a little
different than they are.
If shortwave listening is dying, it is in part to people like these,
who care not a whit about the hobby, only how important they look.
And if they are the shining examples of today's modern Republican
party, the Republican party is in a lot worse shape than most people
realize.

"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis