Old March 26th 04, 06:07 PM
Mike Knudsen

In article , Ron Hershey
writes:

There's a few pics and schematics here
http://www.schroeder-dieball.com/scottradiolabs/
but not a lot on the merchant marine sets.

Beautiful photos, of sets clear back to the 201-A days, and later ones with
more chrome than a '58 Olds.

The RCH entry is a single photo of the same radio I have, with a Hammarlund or
SX-28 style dial. I believe "RCH" is also used for a slide-rule dial type
Scott.

My RCH is probably a backup comm rx, not a morale entertainment set, since it
unfortunately sacrifices the AM BC band to include two LW bands, as for marine
communications. It does provide for feeding a second audio source into its
output stage; unclear what that was used for. The audio output is a single 6F6
or 6V6 or the like, so this RX would not be driving speakers all over the ship.
73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.