Old August 4th 05, 08:29 AM
Joel

The problem is it could be on the bottom or sides and I need something
better then my eyes to find it. It certainly is leaking as I have standing
water all around the pool. The pool is 27 foot round, so a hole in the
bottom could show most anyplace on any or all sides. I am hoping to measure
'something' resistance seems to make senses.. But something to lead me to
the leaking location. The resistance is high between the water and the
ground but measurable. I'm not sure I can see the resistance change to
direct me in the right direction. I'm hoping to build or even buy something
that would be maybe a bridge that would zero out or null on the restiance
and then show minor changes. Something like that makes sense to me. But I
can't believe someone hasn't already built something like this.

Joe

"Wim Ton" wrote in message
. uk...
Has anyone had any experience with some sort of above ground pool leak
detector? I figures if I could connect one probe to some sort of

sensitive
restiance (ohm) meter and put it in the water, I could maybe read the
resistance between the probe and ground and then as I got closer to the

leak
the restiance would go down. But the restiance is WAY high.. But seems to

me
something like that would work. Any ideas?

Maybe look only outside the pool for the wettest area. The keywords to
look
for are in the direction of geophysics. These electrical methods are also
used to find subsurface water (e.g. where to drill wells)

Wim