Old August 4th 05, 09:01 AM
-ex-

Joel wrote:

The problem is it could be on the bottom or sides and I need something
better then my eyes to find it. It certainly is leaking as I have standing
water all around the pool. The pool is 27 foot round, so a hole in the
bottom could show most anyplace on any or all sides. I am hoping to measure
'something' resistance seems to make senses.. But something to lead me to
the leaking location. The resistance is high between the water and the
ground but measurable. I'm not sure I can see the resistance change to
direct me in the right direction. I'm hoping to build or even buy something
that would be maybe a bridge that would zero out or null on the restiance
and then show minor changes. Something like that makes sense to me. But I
can't believe someone hasn't already built something like this.

Joe

This is a crazy idea...I had one of those moisture indicators like you
use with watering indoor house plants. Cost about 10 bux. Pretty
sensitive but i don't know if it would help in pinpointing anything in
your case.

But...if you've got standing water all around the pool it would seem to
me that you need to call a pool guy. They have experience in locating
these problems and you'll likely need them to come fix the problem
anyway. They won't be very impressed by having to slosh thru water to
view the results of your homebrew leak detector.

-Bill