Old August 4th 05, 08:00 AM
Dave

If you'd like to send an email instead of post it here then
you can send to

[email protected] (without the dashes). The
address in the header is a nospam (fake) address as you can
see.

Thanks to all who can help answer this survey. I usually get
lots of suggestions after the fact, from users who are
trying the software for the first time. But I really am
trying to get the features written down that are important
to people BEFORE I have finished the project, not after. I
already have several hundred letters to sift through, but
today things might be different than when these letters were
first sent to me years ago. So I am trying to ask about a
couple of features that are not easy to write in the code
and I want to see if they are worth the trouble. In
particular, the splitting of stereo into two files is one of
them and the review/playback last n minuets on demand is the
other feature I'm most concerned about.

I realize that there's other software that does the same
thing as mine. I don't think the market for audio recorders
that have special capabilities is saturated yet. I'm still
seeing hundreds of downloads per day. I had 2803 downloads
of the free version of Scanrec last month. And that's after
leaving the recorder to rot in the wind for several years.
This thing's been available and unchanging for many years
and there's still demand for it. So if there's still that
much traffic there must be some room for a better version
that has more features. And since people pay for Recall with
its list of features, surely someone will want something
that has more features than Recall has. Frankly I haven't
looked at Recall in a long time. I bought a license a few
years ago. So it might already have everything I mentioned
in my survey.

Anyway, I'm hoping people WILL answer the questions and help
me to get the impression on whether the features I mentioned
are needed or just a waste of time. I need to know before I
start doing that extra work, not after I start publishing
the beta version.

thanks,
Dave