Old August 4th 05, 07:05 PM
Dick

You are really over-thinking this. Just pick a club and go. They
will be very glad to have you show up, and won't expect you to know
anything about anything. It's not like a school classroom. Just a
bunch of people getting together with a common interest. Usually
there will be some kind of program for the meeting that will be of
interest to you and anyone else in attendance. My wife goes to our
radio meetings, and trust me, she doesn't know the first thing about
ham radio. I take that back. She does know my call letters. :-)

Dick

On 4 Aug 2005 10:56:26 -0700, "charlesW"
wrote:

Hello, I am currently a comp sci student who has become interested in
ham radio, mainly from taking physics classes and learning about
electromagentic theory. I find the subject fascinating and would like
to learn more theory and hands on applications. Currently my schedule
doesn't let me take any of the classes which sound interseting like EM
wave theory and antenna theory. I go to a small school and there isn't
a ham radio club here.